Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I hope this finds you well

It's been another couple of days since I've written anything here. As it turns out I'm actually pretty busy with class. Most days are spent shuffling to and from class and doing homework. But every so often I get a little free time. On Sunday for example I spent a few hours looking for kilt vendors, trying to find the best deals for my inevitable purchase. Which was actually kind of fun. I did find it odd however that only one shop of the several I went to had Scottish people working there. Incidentally that one was the best, but also the most expensive as everything was made custom to your needs. A bit out of my price range to say the least.

Anyway, as this week limps forward, due to injuries sustained in a fight with my exhaustion, it has occurred to me that I have almost been here for a whole month. Which is bizarre as it definitely hasn't felt that long. Which as I have recently discovered is kind of like relativity, well sort of. I read a quote a while back from Einstein, that I think is applicable to this case of "warped time view."

"Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it feels like a minute. That's relativity."

Which I suppose means I am likening school to a hot stove, which seems about right, and Scotland to a pretty girl, which while weird I suppose also makes sense. I have learned that all of my finals, save for one, are in May, which is nice I guess. This means that I will be able to enjoy a good deal of December with no classes to tie me down, no hot stove to ruin my time with this "pretty lady." That will be exciting. I've also caught wind of a weekend trip to the highlands next month, put on by the international student organization, which should be a fun trip. Perhaps I'll be the one to find proof of Loch Ness Monster...

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I have to agree with your Mum, your writing is outstanding. Ashley and Justin were here last night and both enjoyed your blog.
    I really loved the hot stove and pretty lady.
    Love you,
    NANA

    ReplyDelete