Saturday, September 10, 2011

Finally Arrived

Allow me to start by saying that the Heathrow Airport is like a small luxury shopping mall where people ride in on planes instead of limos. There's a Prada store, a Gucci store, a Tiffany's, a Burberry, 2 suit stores that had crazy consonant filled names, a Harrods (with a 7ft bear in stock, how could you buy that at an airport and get it home?), 2 manicure/pedicure stations, and tons of fancy chocolate and perfume shops. Yet the actual useful Vodafone kiosk seemed to elude me.

But now that I am here I get to determine where to put all of my clothes in this little room. On the upside i have a killer view of Arthur's Seat from my window. It's a lovely green Scottish hillside, very pretty. Another interesting note is that the RA of the dorm isn't called an RA here but a Warden, kind of odd. 

New Slang Terms of the Day: "I'm knackered" = I'm exhausted

No comments:

Post a Comment